Monday, August 01, 2005

Because I can...

Which is the answer to the question: why begin a blog? I've done so to provide myself with an outlet for my interests, really. A place for me to post my thoughts and opinions on politics, science, religion, philosophy...really anything that catches my interest on a given day. I've seen others do their own blogs and do them well, so I humbly submit my attempt at such.
By the way, the name "A Beginner's Mind" refers to the idea of treating each learning experience as a fresh experience, unhindered by previous ideas or notions of how things are. This is how I endeavor to approach learning new things, that I may understand them on their own merits and not be locked into my own preconceptions.
Well, that sounds about pompous enough. So, without further rambling, I will say "Welcome" to A Beginner's Mind.

5 comments:

ellroon said...

Congrats on your new site!

May you have commenters many and trolls none.

May you be one of a thousand points of light that turns the dark secrecy of the White House into noonday sun.

Let there be truth!

Samurai Sam said...

Thanks! I'll do my best.

Gifted-1 said...

You are very wise!

Jessie said...

Always glad to see another blogger in the mix. Thanks to the wife for inviting me!

DadOBot said...

Whenever I can I rally against stereotypes because I feel they rob us of really being able to see the world for what it is. Your take on learning is right up my alley.

Welcome to the world of blogging. The world needs more minds like yours. :D