Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Who are these boobs... and why don't they think breastfeeding is okay?



Eyeful of breast-feeding mom sparks outrage, according to MSNBC, Baby Talk's recent magazine cover has been blasted by the public, who are squeamish over the sight of a nursing breast... no nipple or areola, I might mention.

Here are a few quotes from the article:
"I was SHOCKED to see a giant breast on the cover of your magazine," one person wrote. "I immediately turned the magazine face down," wrote another. "Gross," said a third.

I am amazed, daily, by the stupidity of people in this country! I certainly would rather my son (and my daughters) view the breast as a wonderful, beautiful part of a woman's body... that is used to nurture and care for her children. Not a sexual object to be augmented an oggled, as seen below:



Now, in my younger years, a cover like this would have sent me off in a tirade, but as I've gotten older... I don't blink an eye when seeing crap like this. I do, however, wish my children to see positive images of women's bodies. I think we are doing our children a great disservice by depicting women's bodies as something that should ONLY be lusted after and not accepted if they aren't {someone else's idea of} perfection.


We should be teaching our children to respect their mothers, sisters, themselves and humanity as a whole.

No comments: